Carefree Real Estate - Find Your Perfect Home For Sale!
Carefree - Town vs. County Stats
Avg Price in Carefree: $1,029,600 / County Avg $606,300
Avg Taxes in Carefree: $3,200 / County Avg $3,400
Avg Sq. Ft. in Carefree: 3,645 / County Avg 2,570
Avg Price per/ft2 in Carefree: $282 / County Avg $236
Avg Walkscore in Carefree: 14 / County Avg 28
Avg Year Built in Carefree: 1992 / County Avg 1992
Avg Days on Website in Carefree: 114 / County Avg 75
Carefree Real Estate Market Health
- Temperatures in Carefree are typically 5 to 7 degrees cooler than the adjacent towns to the south. Carefree has an elevation of approximately 2,700 feet, considerably higher than Scottsdale at 1,250 feet and Phoenix at 1,100 feet.
- Carefree does not assess a town specific real estate tax. Annual real estate taxes in Carefree are approximately half of what would be charged for an identical residence in cities and towns which have town specific real estate taxes as an add-on to the annual real estate taxes assessed by Maricopa County. For a median priced home in Carefree with a full cash value of $535,000, the incremental annual tax cost for an identical home in Scottsdale would be $3,100, and $2,900 in Phoenix.
This considerable annual tax savings in Carefree is accomplished while the Town funds full fire and police coverage for our citizens and with our children enjoy award winning public schools funded through Maricopa County taxes.
- Additionally, Carefree property owners are not subject to Rural Metro Fire protection annual fee of about $1,000 per home as are experienced in some nearby communities.
- Unlike some neighboring communities, Carefree does not apply Development Fees to new construction.
School-aged children who live in Carefree typically attend public, charter or private schools within the Cave Creek Unified School District (CCUSD). The main campus is just south of Carefree Highway at 56th Street.
- Cave Creek Unified School District - Cave Creek Montessori
- Dynamite Montessori - Foothills Academy
There are multiple churches located in or near Carefree including:
- Christ the Lord Lutheran Church - Desert Hills Presbyterian Church
- Good Shepherd Episcopal Church - Our Lady of Joy Catholic Church
There are many established and locally supported non-profit organizations who have established programs for volunteers and are continually seeking additional help and expertise. We are a non-profit community that supports one another.
- Carefree-Cave Creek Kiwanis - Desert Foothills Library
- Desert Foothills Theater - Desert Foothills Land Trust
- Foothills Animal Rescue - Foothills Caring Corps
- Foothills Community Foundation - Foothills Food Bank
- Desert Foothills YMCA
- 3.5 acre Carefree Desert Gardens in downtown Carefree with rare specimen plants and cacti open 365 days
- Sunday Concerts in the Spring within the Sanderson Lincoln Pavilion
- Numerous golf courses and hiking/biking trails throughout the area
- Thunderbird Artists Fine Art Fairs in downtown Carefree 3 times a year
- Farmers Market every Friday morning under the iconic Sundial
- Kiwanis Splash Park within the Gardens, and Gila Monster Slide and shaded
- Carefree Christmas Festival and Enchanted Pumpkin Garden Exhibits
- Honor Health Urgent Care with two new facilities opening in the area in 2016
- Thompson Peak Hospital
- Ready access to Scottsdale North Hospital, Mayo and Barrows Neurological Institute
|Areas in Carefree AZ|
|Carefree Terrace Condominiums|
|Cow Track Estates 2|